Saturday, November 3, 2012

After the Storms: Photos of Frankenstorm's Wrath

Here is a little photo tour of how the Frankenstorm hit my corner of the world. Not too terrible, but I would have preferred it didn't happen at all, as I'm sure most of the East Coast is preferring.

How I spent the evening after both my iPad and laptop died
My front yard... not all that different from the before photos I posted in my prepping for the storm post

Back stairs the morning after the storm

Large limb that fell

 Was once a very tall pine tree, reduced to a pile of branches

Where the pine tree once stood, a lot of its branch are caught up in the branch of other trees. Next storm we have (due later this week I believe) is going to knock them all down

 This tree has been dead for awhile... Sandy struck the final blow

With my backyard being woods, with a lot of dead trees, we were pretty lucky nothing fell on the garage or house or power lines... heck all the trees that fell in my neighborhood landed away from people's property.

This photos I didn't take, but I wanted to show you what happened just 3 miles South of me at our beach.
Photo: Christian Abraham / CT from CTpost.com
Photo: Christian Abraham / CT from Ctpost.com
Associated Press from The Wall Street Journal
Let's just say that's not how it is supposed to look, however, it's still not as bad as New York or New Jersey. We were pretty lucky... didn't stop people looting or tossing threats at the police, fire, or utility service... but that's a whole other story that I'll get into some other time.  

While my immediate area ended up pretty okay, my Tri-State area sisters NY & NJ, did not. If you would like to help out any areas that were damaged during the storm, you can donate $10 to the Red Cross by texting REDCROSS to 90999 or visit the American Red Cross to see what else you can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment