Saturday, January 7, 2012

A Tale Dark and Grimm

I have signed up to do the Goodread's 2012 Reading Challenge and so far I've gotten one book read. Not bad for the first week of 2012! As I finish a book, I plan to do a review of it here. My first book:


A Tale Dark & Grimm

by Adam Gidwitz

I had high hopes for this book when I first added it to my must read list, mostly because I love stories of twisted fairy tales. And for the most part the story lived up to my expectations. So much if I was to rate on just the fairy tale it gets 4 stars, however, and this is a big however, during the book the author interrupts the story to either warn you about what is coming or to explain something. I found this very annoying and unnecessary. Okay, we get it, the story is not one to read to little or sensitive kids. But you don't need to keep repeating it, even if  you are doing it in a playful manner. So on commentary alone the book gets only 2 stars. Combining the two I give this book an overall review of 3 stars. 

Overall Review: 

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
April has read 1 book toward her goal of 10 books.
hide

No comments:

Post a Comment