Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013 - The Year of ME!

Hello 2013! You were totally made for me.

13 has always been a bit of a lucky number for me, you can say we were born together:

  • I was born on the 13th.
  • I have 13 letters in my full name... which is interesting since my mom only used one N for my Lyn instead of the more standard NN.
  • I'm a 76er! 7+6=13!
  • I was born in the 4th month (1+3=4) and that also happens to be my name!
  • A lot of times when my birthday lands on a Friday it tends to be Good Friday... extra luck!
  • My 13th birthday was awesome!

Okay, some of these are reaching.. but still the number 13 as always be good to me. I'm hope that luck will be with me throughout the year!

In the past, I've always started the year with a bunch of pretty specific resolutions... and I all my years I've never completed one. 7 weeks is about the longest I think I've ever kept anything. So I'm not doing that to myself this year. I do plan on setting some goals, but I'm keeping them loose and I'm not going to stress over them or freak out because I struggle to keep them up. If I succeed, WOO HOO... if not, I'm not going to beat myself up about it. I'm going to be flexible. I'll still try my hardest, an in the end that is all that will matter... I tried.

Here are some of the things I hope to accomplish by the end of the year.

  • The 2013 Reading Challenge on Goodreads. Aiming for 10 books. 
  • Purge, Purge, Purge - We got rid of a good amount of stuff in 2012 and we still have a lot to go!
  • Project 52 - Take 5 or 6 - In the past I think I've made it too difficult. This year I have an easy topic!
  • Do a lot of writing, drawing, and crafting.
  • Work on becoming a toy historian, or as I like to say - toy geek!
  • Lose some weight, try to eat better, do some exercising. No set # of pounds or days. Just work it into a routine instead of make it a project.
  • Just be me.

That's it. Simple goals, no pressure. No hard and fast deadlines. And I'm not going to fret. It'll be what it'll be.

Happy 2013 Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment