Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Sounds of the Seasons

 Like a lot of people, I LOVE Christmas music. There are only a handful of songs I don't care for (Christmas Wrapping I'm talking to you!). Like most people I have a list of my favorites, not counting Bing, Nat, and Johnny... they are a given. Now my everyday music taste is mostly Top 40 stuff with my favorites being OneRepublic, Maroon 5, and REM, so some of these titles might come as a surprise... but I find with Christmas music the older the better!

A Christmas Together by John Denver and The Muppets - As a child growing up in a Muppet loving family this is a must to listen to many, many times during the holiday season.


Christmas by Alabama - I'm not generally drawn to some of the classic country artist, but my parents are. I grew up listening to this album and the older I get the better they get. Some of the songs are just so beautiful!


Once Upon a Christmas By Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton - Just like Alabama's album, I grew up on not only Kenny and Dolly's album but also the TV special. It was tradition to watch it every year... until the VHS tape died.



Christmas Portrait by The Carpenters - It's the Carpenters... does anything else really need to be said?


Brand New Year by SheDaisy - Some more modern artists make my list too. I like this album because the songs are different, catchy, and their song "Twist of the Magi" with Rascal Flats is excellent.


Acoustic Hearts Of Winter by Aly & AJ - These girls are super talented and their versions of some of the classics are really wonderful.


Merry Christmas With Love by Clay Aiken - The American Idol that should have been. I was a big Claymate during his season and when his Christmas album came out I knew I had to have it. It was even better than I expected, producing two of my all time favorite holiday songs "Mary, Did You Know" and "Merry Christmas With Love".

What are some of your favorite holiday albums? Share in the comments, because I'm always looking for new tunes!

No comments:

Post a Comment